"Even the darkest moments have an element of hope & humor. MISS KIM is amazing." -Dan Fingerman, 'Theatre Is Easy' Review
FACT: 1 in 6 women are survivors of sexual abuse.
FACT: 1 Korean American woman is sharing her story of survival in MISS KIM.
Being molested by your uncle at age 8 is horrific, but receiving no family support when you try to tell them what happened is even worse; an event which leads a young girl down an emotional rabbit hole of anger, confusion and terrible, terrible loneliness. Gina Kim leads a cast of six in telling her own story, which follows her as she tries to move beyond these incidents only to plunge headlong into the uncensored world of dating, self-help groups, and people who are determined to take advantage of everything she has to offer; while others will do their best to help her in spite of herself.
MISS KIM is about falling to pieces and rebuilding with what’s left. It’s also about me. I am Miss Kim, Gina Kim, Kim McSweeney or Gina - depending on the period of my life and who’s asking. While creating this play, I wanted to reassure myself that despite everything I've been through, I'm going to make it. In fact, producing this play is proof that anything is possible. Hopefully, other victims who hear my story will realize the same for themselves.
- Gina Kim
MISS KIM had a sold out run at the 2010 Fringe NYC Festival and was one of the Top Ten Hottest FringeNYC shows in NY Theater.
Theater is Easy http://www.theasy.com/Reviews/FringeFestival/Miss_Kim.php
Using Kickstarter to raise $16,500 for a January 2012 run at the 45th Street Theatre, the MISS KIM team plans on bringing the production value to a higher level, under the umbrella of Matthew Corozine Studio, a not-for-profit theatre company. All donations are eligible for a 501(c)(3) tax deduction through MCS. Please specify whether you would like a receipt of your backing; you will receive a letter by email.
*Courtesy of Actor's Equity Association
MISS KIM written by Gina Kim & Ryan Tofil
Everyone will get their contribution back and no one will be charged.
All money raised on Kickstarter will support the cost of the actual production so that a portion of the ticket proceeds of MISS KIM can be donated to a selected cause.
• Yes and Yes! Just click on the Amazon Payment Button and you will see that you can pay with a credit card from any country! But you must finish the Amazon checkout process for your pledge to be recorded. If you have any problems just contact us.
Yes. Anything raised above will support additional shows or future productions of MISS KIM
Become an Outreach Partner. Spread the word about MISS KIM in your community and receive a special Outreach Partner credit on the MISS KIM Program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let's collaborate. Please help broadcast this Kickstarter campaign on Facebook and Twitter and your email list. Then we have the show to create buzz for!
pledged of $16,500 goal
seconds to go
Oct 17, 2011 - Nov 16, 2011 (30 days)
Pledge $5 or more
-Your name will be listed in the programEstimated delivery: Jan 2012
Pledge $51 or more
(1) Your name will be listed in the program (2) A handwritten poem of thanks from Gina KimEstimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $251 or more
(1) Your name in the program (2) A Handwritten poem of thanks from Gina Kim (3) Gratitude StoneEstimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $501 or more
(1) Your name in the program (2) A Handwritten poem of thanks from Gina Kim (3) Gratitude Stone (4) Personal call to thank you (5) An 8in x 10in canvas painting by Rainbow GirlEstimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $1,001 or more
(1) Your name in the program (2) A Handwritten poem of thanks from Gina Kim (3 Gratitude Stone (4) Personal call to thank you (5) An 16in x 20 in canvas painting by Rainbow Girl (6) 1 ticket to the show (7) Signed program from castEstimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $2,001 or more
(1) Your name in the program (2) A Handwritten poem of thanks from Gina Kim (3) Gratitude Stone (4) Personal call to thank you (5) An 16in x 20in in canvas painting by Rainbow Girl (6) 2 tickets to the show (7) Signed program from the cast (8) Paid dinner with your choice of writer or directorEstimated delivery: Feb 2012
Pledge $5,001 or more
(1) Your name in the program (2) A Handwritten poem of thanks from Gina Kim (3) Gratitude Stone (4) Personal call to thank you (5) 2 tickets to the show (6) Paid dinner with your choice of writer or director (7) A 4ftx4ft commissioned painting piece by Eva Moll (http://evamoll.net/)...ONLY 1 prize for this painting available and goes to first pledge (8) Signed program from the cast (9) One time Executive Producer title of MISS KIMEstimated delivery: Feb 2012