Telegraph Ave. a sanctuary for photographers and lovers of the art to learn,create,incubate and showcase everything photography
Telegraph Ave studio design began in late 2010.The concept was a to build a self-sustaining photography studio that could be used by local artist as a platform to entrepreneurial independence and offer a valid source of photography education and training to anyone interested in photography. Studio would offer rental equipment and shooting bays for artist to develop portfolio;computers,dark-room and scanners for further refinement and provide an in-expensive retail option for artist to showcase and promote work. Artist would also receive exposure through our monthly magazine published by studio that showcases studio artist and talents. Studio would also serve as network and event hub for industry professionals.
In June of 2012 I found a 2500 square foot creative warehouse space and began building the Telegraph Ave. studio.The studio is a 2 story space with a cool industrial surrounding.The bottom level has been transformed into multiple creative shooting bays..including 2 natural light bays,full film developing darkroom.
Myself and volunteers have been able to complete 50% of the studios full buildout and design.We are asking Kickstarter to help us complete the remaining 50% of the studio.The funds from Kickstarter will go directly to items needed to complete the studio and make it a reality.
- Additional lighting equipment for free workshops
- Building materials to finish remaining shooting bays
- Printing cost for studio magazine publication
To complete this project and open it to the public we need a minimum of $7000. Any additional funds will help make the space just that much better and give our users more resources and tools to work with.
- WORK-n-PLAY PASS: Allows you to come to our studio and learn photography with a hands on lesson with studio equipment and techniques or if your a more experience photographer it lets you come to our studio and experience all that we have to offer,by giving you time and access to all available studio equipment.
-Below are the reward images to choose from: Thank You for your time :)
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
An obstacle we plan to encounter if we receive full funding is completing the remaining construction left for the sets and organizing and releasing the studio publication all before the end of Feb. 2013.This space is secure and we already have all the necessary permits to operate. The man power to complete the studio could be an obstacle.Here at the studio we have a wide array of volunteers who are skilled in carpentry,masonry and even a few architects, within 1 week of receiving funds we planned and created a weeks schedule of shifts and areas in need of finish to ensure this timeline is met and that we have the manpower to-do so.We want to get people in this space shooting and enjoying it in no-time.
For the equipment, we have already checked with the local retailer who is selling us the merchandise they are a local photography shop and they have advise us that after order is placed items will reach us within a week.
On our publication the page designs and layouts are already complete.One problem that could arise is filing the publication with content.A few friends of ours are students at Walter Cronkite school of journalism and they have agreed to donate there writing expertise,but they are college students and school always comes first.So as a back-up we will post ads on university campuses and around town for writers if our friends are not able to provide for us.And if all else fails myself and the volunteers will be writing and utilizing are spell check skills to ensure the magazine is not delayed.All of this is schedule to be completed no later than the end of Feb. 2013. Along with the grand opening ceremony of the studio.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $7,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on January 4.
Nov 28, 2012 - Jan 4, 2013
Pledge $10 or more
- Personal thank you letter - copy of first magazine - Invite to studio opening eventEstimated delivery: Feb 2013Ships within the US only
Pledge $35 or more
- Telegraph Ave. T-shirt - 2 hour work-n-play studio pass - copy of first magazine - invite to studio opening eventEstimated delivery: Jan 2013Ships within the US only
Pledge $45 or more
- Professional portrait session pass with Saudi (good for 1 year) - multiple changes and multiple people - great for building modeling portfolio or family portraits - Digital copies and full editing on selected imagesEstimated delivery: Jan 2013
Pledge $75 or more
- A signed copy of first magazine - 3 hour work-n-play studio pass - 24x36 printed of one of REWARD IMAGES - invite to studio opening eventEstimated delivery: Feb 2013Ships within the US only
Pledge $150 or more
- Signed copy of first magazine - 1 year work-n-play pass studio pass - 2-24x36 prints of any reward image - Honorary Donor Certificate with thank you letterEstimated delivery: Jan 2013Ships within the US only