Altercation is a new card game built for families and hardcore gamers alike. Play time is 10 to 30 minutes.
Altercation is a game I created about a year ago, originally I invented it just to play with family and friends. The more people I showed it to, the more the positive response grew. After getting enough requests for my home made versions I decided to pursue production.
Number of Players 2 to 5 (for 6 to 8 players use two decks)
Object of the game:
Players win the game by either Knocking Out all other players
By being the player with a Point Total(PT) Closest to the Target
Number (TN) (in either direction) when all cards have been played from
the deck and all players hands
How to Play:
1. Calculate Point Total (PT): Roll the 4 dice add the total
together: That is all players starting PT.
2. Calculate Target Number (TN): Roll 3 dice and add the total. This is
the number everyone is trying to get closest to by the end of the
3. Decide who plays first. Roll a dice, Flip a coin, etc.
4. Shuffle the Deck and Deal each Player 5 cards.
5. Place the deck face down in the middle of the table.
6. The first player takes their Turn and play continues to the next
player on the left.
Step 1: Draw cards until you have 5 in you hand (skip this step on
the first turn)
Step 2: Do 1 of the following 2 options:
1. Play a card. Choose a player and play a Lose, Gain, (put this
card in the Throw Away pile next to the deck after addition or
subtraction takes place) or Defender Card (play this card in
front of you)
2. Throw Away 1 Card and Draw 1 new Card
Step 3: End of Turn
1. If a player is targeted by a Lose card, they subtract the amount on
the card from their PT (unless a NO! card is played)
2. If a player is targeted by a Gain card, they add the amount on the
card to their PT.
3. If a player reaches 0 VPT they are considered Knocked Out and
they are out of the game.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
pledged of $2,000 goal
seconds to go
Funding Unsuccessful This project reached the deadline without achieving its funding goal on December 2, 2011.
Nov 2, 2011 - Dec 2, 2011 (30 days)
Pledge $10 or more
A copy of Altercation.Estimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $25 or more
A copy of Altercation with a signed box and your name in the Thank You section of the Altercation RulebookEstimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $50 or more
A copy of Altercation and a second free print and play game, as well as your name in the Thank you section of the altercation rulebookEstimated delivery: Mar 2012
Pledge $100 or more
0 backers Limited (10 of 10 left)
A signed copy of Altercation, Another free game, and your name in the Thank You section of the Altercation RulebookEstimated delivery: Mar 2012