Each day at Kickstarter we receive hundreds of queries from backers, creators, and other members of our community on matters urgent and delicate. We're looking for a seasoned customer service specialist to help them. This position is part of our Community Support team and will be focused on handling customer support queries, everything from basic site usage and project questions to payment and technical support.
You will be working directly with Kickstarter's community to resolve issues and provide an understanding voice in the process. You're experienced in and passionate about providing great support to users as well as making product improvements influenced by support insights. You’re an excellent writer and feel comfortable with writing being your primary mode of communication. You have a positive attitude, approach your tasks diligently and with a sense of urgency, and enjoy going the extra mile to make things right and people happy.
This position includes weekend support.
You're good at and enjoy
- Treating everyone under the sun with personal care and respect
- Communicating simply, elegantly, and effectively (without losing your personality)
- Being a go-between
- Keeping calm in the line of fire — nothing gets you down
- Connecting the dots and solving problems
- Staying organized and juggling tasks
- Working efficiently and being proactive about making processes more efficient
- Working independently as well as in a team
- Previous experience handling web-based support
- History of providing excellent customer service
Send a little something about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org , along with links to your work. This position is full-time, on-site at our awesome NYC office in the Lower East Side. Your compensation will include equity and health-care.